High School Preparation (Intensive English)
HSP is an intensive English language program that prepares you for mainstream high school studies.
HSP helps build your fluency in English in different lesson contexts such as mathematics, science, social studies and literature so you can understand the language used in our mainstream curriculum.
Our HSP program features:
- 10-week modules
- Minimum 20 hours of instruction per week
- Six different levels so you can learn at the right level for you
- Range of learning methods including textbook, video, group discussion and practical activities
- Opportunities to make friends through lessons, excursions and sports
Program length: 10 to 40 weeks (depending on your English level)
Age range: 12 to 18 years
Program entry: At the beginning of any school term (January, April, July, October). An extra Term 5 is also available for High School Preparation.
Entry requirements: For details of age, academic and English language proficiency requirements,
EQI complies with all state and Commonwealth legislation when assessing applications and enrolling applicants into EQI courses. Enrolment is formalised when applicants accept an offer of enrolment by returning the signed Enrolment agreement and evidence of payment of fees.
Changes to the Standard Terms and Conditions come into effect on 24 January 2020. These changes will not impact entry requirements.
- Enrolment policy (PDF, 527KB) [https://eqi.com.au/ISP%20PP%20PDFs/enrolment-policy.pdf]
- Enrolment procedure (PDF, 414KB) [https://eqi.com.au/ISP%20PP%20PDFs/enrolment-procedure.pdf]
- Entry and course requirements standards – effective from 24 January 2020 (PDF, 995KB) [https://eqi.com.au/ISP%20PP%20PDFs/Entry-and-course-requirements-standard.pdf]
In locations where HSP is not offered, we have partnered with education providers offering English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS). Our partners include:
- Browns English Language School
- Cairns Language Centre
- Lexis English
- Union Institute of Language
Watch the video: https://eqi.com.au/studyoptions/Videos/HSP2019/HSP2019.mp4
Check out the HSP magazine: https://eqi.com.au/PDFs/HSP-magazine.pdf
FOR MORE: http://tesol.boards.net/#category-3